A PATRONS FIRST APPROACH
Taking the Gallagher Bluedorn into a new generation means offering an uncompromising arts experience for visitors.
Currently, our performance and patron experiences are out of sync. Visitors see some of the world’s greatest performances in the acoustically superb, visually stunning Great Hall, yet patron amenities fall short of what is offered at venues of similar size across the nation. With your support, we can create a modern, awe-inspiring arts experience from the first step in the reception hall to the final bow.
The Gallagher Bluedorn renovation and expansion will be a $14.9 million project featuring several event space additions, upgrades to the facility’s interior and exterior, and improvements to seating. The project will create approximately 15,000 square feet of new and renovated space.
These upgrades will elevate the Gallagher Bluedorn to a state-of- the-art facility that will continue to provide world class performing arts for the Cedar Valley and the state of Iowa.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
You can make the vision for a new Gallagher Bluedorn a reality.
To give, contact Dan Breitbach, director of development for the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences at the UNI Foundation.
MEET THE ARCHITECT
Malcolm Holzman’s buildings are acknowledged for their evocative nature, technical vision and singular character. He has completed 140 commissions in 32 states, which represent some of this country’s most notable architecture. His work shows a diversity of design solutions, reflecting a wide range of building types and the application of materials unique to the region of each project, winning more than 100 awards for this body of work.
Renovations for Enhanced Patron Experience
- New dynamic entry plaza for spring and summer socializing.
- New kitchen and food preparation spaces offering increased menu options and improved quality.
- The Marquee Lounge – a gorgeous event space with a built in bar – the perfect spot for a pre-show drink or light meal with friends, a pre-show talk, private dinners and a post-show nightcap.
- New expanded ticket office and concessions counters with double the number of points of service.
Renovations of Existing Space
- Additional frontage lane with multiple drop off opportunities.
- Greatly expanded modern restrooms with increased capacity.
- Great Hall seating improvements.
- Exterior paneling replacement with energy efficient paneling.
- Exterior redesign featuring giant windows into the lobby and lounge.
- Interior and exterior lighting upgrades and other amenities improvements.
- New collaborative office space for Gallagher staffers and the Waterloo Cedar Falls Symphony Orchestra.