A PATRONS FIRST APPROACH
Taking the Gallagher Bluedorn into a new generation means offering an uncompromising arts experience for visitors.
Currently, our performance and patron experiences are out of sync. Visitors see some of the world’s greatest performances in the acoustically superb, visually stunning Catherine Cassidy Gallagher Great Hall, yet patron amenities fall short of what is offered at venues of similar size across the nation. With your support, we can create a modern, awe-inspiring arts experience from the first step in the reception hall to the final bow.
The Gallagher Bluedorn renovation and expansion will be a $14.9 million project featuring several event space additions, upgrades to the facility’s interior and exterior, and improvements to seating. The project will create approximately 14,000 square feet of new and renovated space.
These upgrades will elevate the Gallagher Bluedorn to a state-of- the-art facility that will continue to provide world class performing arts for the Cedar Valley and the state of Iowa.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
You can make the vision for a new Gallagher Bluedorn a reality.
To give, contact Dan Breitbach, director of development for the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences at the UNI Foundation.
MEET THE ARCHITECTS
OPN Architects are renowned for creating smart, beautiful and expressive spaces. With 40+ years of experience in 14 market sectors, the group's innovative designs can be seen across the Midwest and beyond. Their expansive body of smart, sustainable work has earned over 50 awards and have placed them as an industry and community leader.
Renovations for Enhanced Patron Experience
- New dynamic entry plaza for spring and summer socializing.
- New kitchen and food preparation spaces offering increased menu options and improved quality.
- The Marquee Lounge – a gorgeous event space with a built in bar – the perfect spot for a pre-show drink or light meal with friends, a pre-show talk, private dinners and a post-show nightcap.
- New expanded ticket office and concessions counters with double the number of points of service.
Renovations of Existing Space
- Additional frontage lane with multiple drop off opportunities.
- Greatly expanded modern restrooms with increased capacity.
- Catherine Cassidy Gallagher Great Hall seating improvements.
- Exterior paneling replacement with energy efficient paneling.
- Exterior redesign featuring giant windows into the lobby and lounge.
- Interior and exterior lighting upgrades and other amenities improvements.
- New collaborative office space for Gallagher Bluedorn and Waterloo-Cedar Falls Symphony staff members.