The Gallagher Bluedorn continues to be the place for fun, wonder, and more. COVID-19 brought many of us unforeseen challenges and we still are faced with navigating those challenges now, even a few years later. What has remained a constant, however, is the basic, human need for the arts in our communities.
We remain committed to the health and well-being of all our patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff and are taking specific measures to ensure everyone’s visit is safe and comfortable.
As information about the COVID-19 pandemic is always evolving, this policy may be revised at any time based on the overall situation, CDC guidelines, IDPH guidance, Board of Regents guidance, UNI guidance, union mandates set by touring productions, and changes to federal, state, and local laws.
We will regularly communicate with our patrons via email any updated guidelines prior to their performance and we will update this page regularly with any policy or procedural changes.
Thank you in advance for your part in ensuring that we can carry out our mission to inspire the Cedar Valley through life-changing artistic experiences. We can’t wait to see you at the next show!
- Please self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving at the venue. We ask you to not attend if you have been asked to stay at home by public health authorities or are exhibiting any symptoms.
- COVID-19 vaccines are effective at protecting people—especially those who are up to date— from getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and even dying. There is no requirement that patrons receive or provide evidence of having received a vaccination for COVID-19 but we encourage you to consider getting vaccinated if you have not already.
- Masks are encouraged, but not required, for everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
During Your Visit to the Gallagher:
- From the moment you walk through our doors, we want you to feel at home and comfortable. Our hall is continuously being cleaned and sanitized to meet CDC standards. Our ventilation system within the venue is state of the art and cycles air on a quick rotation.
- Hand sanitizing stations are scattered throughout our building and we ask patrons to make frequent use of them.
Be friendly, but be courteous to those around you who may request extra space. In general, CDC recommends people who are not up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines continue to practice physical distancing, especially if they are at higher risk of getting very sick with COVID-19.
- We are operating under full capacity and are no longer offering pod seating.
Our Commitment to You:
- We hold a “no questions asked” credit policy for guests who are experiencing symptoms or are concerned for their health, just call UNITix prior to your scheduled performance and you will receive a full credit.
- Cleaning and sanitizing have always been priorities at the Gallagher Bluedorn, and we will continue to uphold that standard. All high contact surfaces are sanitized regularly and all seating areas are sanitized before and after each performance
- All Gallagher Bluedorn staff, volunteers, and ushers have been encouraged to follow the same protocols that we ask of our guests. They have also been instructed on how to self-monitor and are asked to stay home if they show any symptoms.