With their Emmy Award winning PBS special now airing across the country, and Billboard chart topping albums, it's easy to see why The Texas Tenors are quickly becoming America's favorite new tenors. Since their whirlwind debut five years ago on NBC's America's Got Talent, The Texas Tenors have accumulated a long list of awards, accolades and excited fans. They have performed more than 800 concerts around the world, including a 24-city tour in the United Kingdom, Shanghai, China and collaborations with some of the most prestigious symphonies, performing arts centers and arenas in the United States. People are clearly enjoying their talent as they were recently named the #10 Classical Artist in the world for 2014 according to Billboard magazine.
AUCTION DETAILSHave you narrowed in on your target? Ready, steady, BID! The Friends of the Gallagher Bluedorn will be hosting a set of auctions this July 15 before The Texas Tenors. Proceeds from the auction will go to support the Kaleidoscope Series for Youth.
Participants have the chance to win a number of items through a silent auction before the show as well as in a LIVE auction during the intermission.
Prizes at the Live auction include the following:
- Have you ever wanted to own an acoustic guitar used in a live performance by a professional musician? Now is your opportunity! The Texas Tenors will be autographing and dating the acoustic guitar used at this Friends Presents performance. Be sure to raise your hand so that you may take this home and display it proudly! Donated by: The Texas Tenors. Value: Priceless
- Travel to Branson, Missouri where you will be treated to The Texas Tenors “Deep In The Heart of Christmas” performance at the Starlite Theatre November 14th at 7:30 PM. While there, you will enjoy a two-night stay at the beautiful Westgate Branson Lakes Resorts. This trip for two is scheduled for November 13 and 14, 2015. Make plans now to bid on this great getaway! Transportation and food not included. Donated by: The Texas Tenors and Larry and Sandy Fox. Value: $350
- You and three of your friends can join John and Lori Hagen for dinner at Montage. Lively Conversation + Great Food = A Fun and Entertaining Evening. Date is to be arranged via Gallagher Bluedorn Development Office. Donated by: John and Lori Hagen and Montage. Value: $300
- This white cowboy hat autographed by The Texas Tenors is sure to be a great memento of your experience at the inaugural Friends Presents performance. Be sure to mosey on down to the Silent Auction Coral and place your bid. Donated by: The Texas Tenors and Martha Kroese. Value: Priceless
- Everything Texas Tenors. In this package you will find a Texas Tenors t-shirt, hat, bag, mug, and playing cards. No package is complete without music! Included you will find The Texas Tenors newest project, Ruckus On The Ranch (CD and book), as well as, The Texas Tenors - The First 5 Years Live, O Night Divine, You Should Dream, Country Roots Classical Sound, Special Edition, and Unplugged: Live from Larry’s Country Diner. Completing this special package is the DVD The Texas Tenors - You Should Dream. Donated by: The Texas Tenors. Value: $200
- You will be the envy of everyone in your cowboy boots from Ranchero Saddle and Western Wear. Even better, you may pick out which pair you would like with a value up to $269. Donated by: Ranchero Saddle and Western Wear. Value: $269
- Surprise your friends when they call your phone and hear a message from The Texas Tenors! This pre-recorded message can be yours with a winning bid! Donated by: The Texas Tenors. Value: Priceless
ANOTHER CHANCE TO WIN:
- When bidding on the Silent Auction, every third bidder will receive a raffle ticket for an exclusive Bidders Only Raffle. The winner of this raffle will receive “Be A Friend For The Night” package. Included in this package are four tickets to Home Free (winners of NBC’s The Sing Off, this group is a country-infused a cappella group) coming to the Gallagher Bluedorn Friday, December 11th at 7:30 PM, a valet parking pass to be used that
The silent auction will begin at 6 pm and close after intermission. The live auction will be held during intermission. All major credit cards will be accepted.
JOHN HAGENJohn has been described as, “astonishing, a superb tenor of deep musicality." He made his Lincoln Center debut in New York City in Teatro Grattacielo’s mounting of Mascagni’s Gulglielmo Ratcliff. Mr. Hagen created 3 tenor roles in the world premier of The Lost Dauphane for Pamiro Opera airing on PBS. He has performed a vast array of operatic roles ranging from Alfredo in La Traviata, to the title role of Otello for Cleveland Opera on tour. Mr. Hagen is highly regarded for his performances of the Verdi Requiem and Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, having performed these works with more than a dozen symphonies across the United States. He has received many awards throughout his career including finalist in the New Jersey Opera Association of Verismo Opera competition held at Carnegie Hall, Metropolitan Opera Auditions Regional Finalist, and winner of numerous other competitions. John has taught voice and vocal pedagogy at Wartburg College and at his alma mater, the University of Northern Iowa.
MARCUS COLLINSMarcus was born in a small town and began performing at the age of 4. He first learned how to sing by emulating his favorite artists like Garth Brooks, George Michael and Freddie Mercury before training classically in college. Marcus has performed throughout the world on cruise ships and numerous stage productions including a performance in Times Square with the Broadway cast of Hairspray, Off-Broadway’s Altar Boyz as Matthew, and Permission: A Rock Musical. He also starred in multiple productions of The Sound of Music in the roles of Kurt, Rolf and Uncle Max. Beyond music he has worked extensively as an actor with appearances in more than 100 episodes of network television and 25 films including P.S. I Love You, Semi-Pro, Delirious, 30 Rock, Sex and the City, recurring roles on One Life To Live and As The World Turns, and a Guest VJ on MTV's TRL. One of his favorite roles was appearing as Edward Carnby in the video game Alone in the Dark for Eden Games in 2008.
JC FISHERJC has entertained audiences around the world for the past 15 years. In high school, he had a passion for sports and also enjoyed singing in church. He discovered a deeper love for singing at Wichita State University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Music. JC performed various roles including Rodolfo in La Boheme, Tamino in The Magic Flute, Ernesto in Don Pasquale, Henrick in A Little Night Music and even Miss America's duet partner at the 1997 Miss Kansas Pageant. After college, JC traveled to Lucca, Italy where he sang in the Puccini festival under the direction of acclaimed Italian maestro Lorenzo Malfatti. He then created a home base in Katy, TX before sailing the high seas aboard more than 75 cruise ships worldwide as a guest entertainer. This allowed JC to create a show featuring many different genres of music and world class arrangements, which eventually led to his idea of forming The Texas Tenors. After many years of traveling and concerts, his most memorable performance is still one from college where he found his future wife. Jennifer Vannatta, Miss Kansas 1998, married JC in 2004 and they have three children.
*Group ticket pricing is unavailable for this show.